Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

dhakshee

Ally Invest Consolidated 1099 Not Imported

I tried with Apex Account number (ally account number) and SSN as password with no dashes but Turbo Tax isn't importing consolidated data. I see it is available as of today for download in my account. 

What should be the user name/password we should use to download this form? This has 100s of transaction and really would like this to work, which is why I have been the user of Turbo Tax.

Please advice.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

@dhakshee Your User Name and Password to import financial transactions is the same one you would use to check your account online, outside of of TurboTax.

Click this link for more info on How to Import Financial Transactions

If you are having issues importing, click this link for info on How to Enter a Summary in Lieu of Individual Transactions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
triloksa

I tried with Ally Invest Account number and SSN as password with no dashes but Turbo Tax gives error "That didn’t work. Try signing in again. (103)".  

I have 100s of transaction and really would like this to work, which is why I have been the user of Turbo Tax.

Please advice.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

@triloksa Since you continue to encounter the same problem, even after following the troubleshooting steps, please click the link to contact TurboTax customer support for further assistance. 

mukgup

Today Tuesday Feb 16th of 2021. Still Ally Invest 1099 can't be imported via Apex Clearing. So bad, such a productive killer. Ally Invest and Apex Clearing should give s serious though to improve their services. 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Another option, type in 4 lines manually. Each line is the total for that type of transaction. The IRS has the same brokerage statement and totals.

Enter the totals for each:

• short term covered
  • short term non-covered
  • long term covered
  • long term non-covered

@mukgup

bp29

Select Apex Clearing. enter your 8 digit account number and SSN without dashes. Just now imported.

bbunga10
Returning Member

That has been a big time waste for me. I contacted Ally help number as under "tax forms" they only listed the 1099 int. form. No mention of 1099B forms!  My turbo expert is unable to act on files that don't have the 1099 format. They sent a consolidated 1099 with attached a 1099B for an unfunded account. (All zeros). 

mmmark

Using the Acct # and SSN combo only gave me an errors, over and over. I choose the option "Change how I enter my form", then chose "Upload it from my computer". I selected the PDF from the Ally website to upload. It read the document, and scanned it. The data was autofilled and changed APEX to ALLY INVEST. This method worked out for me.

spencettu
Returning Member

I was able to get it uploaded yesterday. My unsuccessful Ally Invest upload attempt was still listed with no dollar amount so I deleted that. I choose Apex from the drop-down menu, entered account number, and SSN for password with no dashes and it worked.

I question how Ally Invest is able to skirt IRS requirements to postmark all 1099s by midnight, Jan 31st? Effectively, they should be available electronically by the morning of Feb 1st.  This is a Federal requirement, subject to a $50 fine per occurrence.  How do they, year after year, only START mailing 1099Bs, DIV, etc, during the second or third week of February, without incurring, likely millions, of $50 penalties?

Zenman

Right answer ! Worked for  me.

Thank you !

Like most people, i have several Ally accounts - individual and checking/saving.  My turbotax connection to Ally only brought in one 1099-int.  

So uploaded the tax statement that list each individual 1099-int and a total 1099-int for all bank accounts. Same result. Only one of the checking accounts - with the least amount of interest - got registered. 

Check your results when connecting to a financial institution or uploading a tax document.

Make sure you chose APEX, not Ally as the financial institution. Then use your Ally account number as the User ID, and enter your SSN (no dashes) as the password.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies