• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kimberlyjones1
Level 2

Airbnb deductions. When I enter actual expenses to a airbnb room/bath I rent out it only credits a percentage. Exp: toilet paper. How do I get credit for actual cost

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Level 7

Airbnb deductions. When I enter actual expenses to a airbnb room/bath I rent out it only credits a percentage. Exp: toilet paper. How do I get credit for actual cost

If you had expenses that are specific to the rental portion of your property, look for that section at the end of the rental expenses interview. The page title is "Any Miscellaneous Expenses?" and the instructions tell you to enter only those expenses that should not be allocated (see screenshot below - click to enlarge). Anything you enter on this page will be a 100% deduction for your rental.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PatriciaV
Level 7

If you had expenses that are specific to the rental portion of your property, look for that section at the end of the rental expenses interview. The page title is "Any Miscellaneous Expenses?" and the instructions tell you to enter only those expenses that should not be allocated (see screenshot below - click to enlarge). Anything you enter on this page will be a 100% deduction for your rental.

View solution in original post

wana305

Where is this screen located??
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings