Aggregate mistake

Aggregate mistake

I aggregated 2 rental properties together. I now realize that was incorrect. I want to un-aggregate them but they option to do that does not appear anywhere during the step by step process. I have tried to delete (using forms - delete) the form 8995 as suggested in another discussion of this issue but the form does not delete not matter how many times i try.

I have read elsewhere in that i need to start my taxes over to un aggregate the businesses. I can find no way to do it after significant effort and research. Please let me know if there is a way to do this, mu taxes are almost complete and it was a lengthy process

I am using Premier CD (downloaded)

Thank you

Aggregate mistake

One way to do this is to delete your rentals and start over on the rental section from scratch.  

Make sure you have all of your rental information saved before you do this.

If you are using the download version you can create a copy of your existing return and/or print out all schedules before you delete.

Aggregate mistake

If you did not aggregate the properties on your 2018 return, then the easiest and simplest was to do this to ensure you don't make mistakes by trying to undo this manually, is to clear your return and start over from scratch. That way, you can import all the data from your 2018 tax file again.

If using the online version, you'll find the option to "clear and start over" somewhere in TOOLS on the left. Do note however, that if you have already registered or paid your online TurboTax fees, this option is not available and is not possible.

If using the CD version of the program, close the program and then delete the .tax2019 file located in the documents\turbotax directory. Then fire up the program again and it's "as if" you just installed the program and are opening it for the first time ever.