Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

A 3-Month Wait since my IRS Filing was Accepted

Dear TurboTax:

I have used you guys for more than 10 years and love your service. However, never before have I experienced such a prolonged wait for my refund: literally 3 months now and counting since my Federal Return was Accepted by the IRS. In March I received a letter from the IRS with a Control Number and Letter Number. I responded with the identiy information they requested and was then congratulated that my identity had indeed been verified. After several more weeks of checking its status to no avail, I contacted your TaxAudit partner and although they were helpful and responsive, the could tell me nothing further. I have never in my adult life experienced this kind of delay in obtaining my refund. And this year I filed in late January! In fact, my California tax return was filed then and I was granted my refund in 6 days. 

What in the world is going on and where can I turn to now?

Lance

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

This year it seems to be a lot more common for refunds to take months instead of days.  The people who got the ID verification letter says 9 weeks or more to get your refund.  You would need to contact the IRS at 800-829-1040 to find out what is happening with your return.

What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That number is automated a computer how do you speak to a real person about the 60 day delay !!!! 

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

The IRS customer service number for individual taxpayers is  800-829-1040; it may take time and several tries at different times of day to get through.     

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies