First, check the IRS Where's My Refund? site to get the most updated status of your 2023 refund. If you paper-filed, wait at least 4 weeks before checking Where's My Refund?.
The IRS is taking more than 21 days (and up to 90 to 120 days), to issue refunds for tax returns with the Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit.
You should only contact the IRS if:
- It's been 21 days or more since you e-filed
- Where's My Refund? tells you to contact them
Call the IRS using these numbers:
- For individuals: 800-829-1040
- For businesses: 800-829-4933
- For those with hearing impairments: 800-829-4059
To have an efficient call, here's what you need to prepare.
Once the IRS has accepted your return, TurboTax can’t provide updates on where your refund is at.