cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Has anyone ever consolidated credit cards into a personal loan?

🚫💳
Level 6

From my understanding you should try not to transfer balances or close accounts. For some reason that doesn’t look good for your score
Level 3

Hi! I had been looking for a way to consolidate about $30,000 of credit card debt for a year or so and just last month I got an offer in the mail from Best Egg (it's a play on "Nest Egg" which, unbelievably, it took me weeks to figure out). I'd tried Lending Tree and SoFi and a few others and none would give me the length/term I wanted or a decent interest rate so I passed. Best Egg gave me three years and 7.99%. The application process took less than half an hour, I was approved within a day, and had the money in my checking account two days after that. I cannot recommend them highly enough. Like, if you could fanboy over a financial lending institution, I totally would. Check them out.

Level 3

Can you suggest a reputable consolidation company??
Level 3

no

Level 2

Im trying to pay off 1 credit that does not go down just keeps going up.I thought of getting a personal loan any suggestions.
Level 2

Level 7

I am currently doing this. Small loan but I made sure to get an interest rate lower than the cards. Also I pay less per month than with all the cards. Most importantly, do NOT rack up new debt on those cards and do NOT close them. It should help your credit score too.
Level 6

What loan company did you use?  I'm interested.

Highlighted
Level 7

I went through Lending Club. You need fairly good credit to get a loan but not perfect. I had about 671 credit score when I got the loan. Funds deposited in less than a week. Payment auto debit so I’ll never miss a payment. Better but not great interest rate. Depends on your credit score. But I’m making my way to debt freedom. Hope this helped