laceyunderwhere

Why am I not receiving an automatic 1k from my school 1098-T form like I did last year and like my colleagues are receiving?

MarilynG

Everyone who enters a 1098-T does not automatically get 1K refundable education credit.  If your 1098-T shows an amount in Box 1 or Box 2 that is greater than the amount in Box 5, you may be eligible for an education credit.

Scholarships are subtracted from Tuition to calculate the expenses available for a credit.  Be sure to add your Books and Required Fees under Additional Education Expenses, as they are not shown on your 1098-T.

Here's more info on how the credit is calculated:

MarilynG