turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BR1967

Where is 529 Deduction in Illinois Turbo Tax form?

I just entered information into my Turbo Tax Illinois State tax form. The last couple of years, the interview asked about 529 deductions but this year nothing came up. I made a deduction to Brightstar (Illinois 529 program) but nothing shows up in the Illinois form about this. I checked with the Illinois Dept of Revenue and it shows that such contributions are still deductible. So how come it isn't showing up in Turbo Tax Illinois? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChristieB

In the desktop version of TurboTax, you can enter your Bright Start contributions for Illinois in the following location:

1.) In the first part of the Illinois state section, there will be a screen that says Here's the income that Illinois handles differently

2.) Under Education, select Start next to College savings and prepaid tuition plan contributions

3.) On the next screen, you will be able to enter your Bright Start account number and contribution amount 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ChristieB

In the desktop version of TurboTax, you can enter your Bright Start contributions for Illinois in the following location:

1.) In the first part of the Illinois state section, there will be a screen that says Here's the income that Illinois handles differently

2.) Under Education, select Start next to College savings and prepaid tuition plan contributions

3.) On the next screen, you will be able to enter your Bright Start account number and contribution amount 

scott8494

Does this mean the online version will have missed walking through this deduction for state?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies