Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What is school district code "SDR"?

When starting my Ohio state tax return, Turbo Tax lists a second school district "SDR" as one where I am due a refund.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

It just means "A four digit school district", but it is not specifying which one. Generally you are only reporting one school district.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6204642

There seems to be a problem with the software.  I had estimated payments to my local school district.  However, on the federal form, there doesn't appear to be an option to specify a school district under deductions.  This then appears to flow through as "SDR" on the school district filing.  There doesn't appear to be a way to override or correct the school code.
adaite65

Just continue completing your Ohio tax form.  Click "Let's check it" at the  end.  Turbotax will check your Ohio taxes.  A screen will come up asking you to put in your four-number school code to replace SDR.

rhenke19

I am having the same problem.  Never had a problem before.  Looks like Tax Act may get a new customer next year.

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

What problem are you having with the SD-100? Please comment back and we can assist you.

@rhenke19

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jocasiojr

I’m having this same issue! Any way to fix this, TurboTax? 

adaite65

I'm having a similar problem.  Turbo Tax does not wanted to recognize my Ohio School Tax Code.  A statement appears stating "this code does not exist."  It's the same code we have used for years.

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

You could be having issue with school district taxes if you are located in a non-taxable district. If the district's income tax rate is 0.00%, it does not need to be filed. 

If you are located in Ohio, please enter your address in The Ohio School District Tax Finder. If you are located in another state and cannot confirm the school district rate, comment back and I can assist you with a link specifically for your state. 

If your school district is listed at a 0% tax rate, you do not have to file a school district return. 

To remove a school district tax return, please follow these steps:

1. Open your tax return.
  2. Click on Tools.
  3. Click on Delete a Form
  4. Scroll down to your state forms and look for the school district form you need to remove and click Delete

@adaite65

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have a Mac and it doesn't have tools.  How do I delete the school district tax form?

To delete/remove the school district forms from your state tax return please follow the steps below.

1)    Sign into TurboTax Online.

2)    Continue your return by click Taxes > Tax Timeline > Take me to my return.

3)    Click on My Account > Tools Delete a Form.

4)     Scroll down to your state forms and look for the school district form you need to remove and click Delete

5)     Follow onscreen instructions to complete remove the form(s). 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies