turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Unable to enter 1098t information. I click "go to 1098t" in the search, it takes me to, Now let's gather additional education expenses." it then lists tuition as 0.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

Unable to enter 1098t information. I click "go to 1098t" in the search, it takes me to, Now let's gather additional education expenses." it then lists tuition as 0.

To enter Form 1098-T follow these steps:

1. Login toTurboTax.com.
  2. Click on Tax Home on the left side of the screen.
  3. If prompted, click on Continue where I left off or Take me to my return.
  4. Choose Deductions and Credits from the top of the screen.
  5. Expand the section for Education.
  6. Click on Start (or Revisit).
  7. Proceed through the education section answering all of the additional questions. 
  8. On the Education Summary screen at the end of the section, click Edit/Delete.
  9. You can now enter your 2019 1098-T information.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
suzel02145
Returning Member

They really do not make it easy, but if you follow the prompts you can do it.

Hal_Al
Level 15

There's a glitch in TurboTax, but they are aware of it.

In the mean time, here's the work around:

Go through the entire education interview until you reach a scree titled "Your Education Expenses Summary".  Click edit next to the student's name. That should take you to a screen “Here’s your Education Summary”. Click edit next to the section you want to change; tuition, in your case.

Hal_Al
Level 15

TT claims a software update on 1/24/20 may have corrected this problem. It now works on my download Deluxe version.

GhostMutt

Thank you SO MUCH, Hal_AI. You're the first one to actually help me after an hour of searching. Even after the update, it's still busted in the downloadable version. 

See, this is why the HAL 9000 is better than humans.

Susan,  as an Intuit employee I would like to thank you for your advice to remedy this.   100% spot on.   Looking back,   the issue I had may have been due to TT knowing that I could not use the entered 1098-T info based on income,  but it really did present as a bug. Happy to elaborate more if needed.  Thanks again! Jeannie

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies