To enter Form 1098-T follow these steps:
- Login toTurboTax.com.
- Click on Tax Home on the left side of the screen.
- If prompted, click on Continue where I left off or Take me to my return.
- Choose Deductions and Credits from the top of the screen.
- Expand the section for Education.
- Click on Start (or Revisit).
- Proceed through the education section answering all of the additional questions.
- On the Education Summary screen at the end of the section, click Edit/Delete.
- You can now enter your 2019 1098-T information.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
There's a glitch in TurboTax, but they are aware of it.
In the mean time, here's the work around:
Go through the entire education interview until you reach a scree titled "Your Education Expenses Summary". Click edit next to the student's name. That should take you to a screen “Here’s your Education Summary”. Click edit next to the section you want to change; tuition, in your case.
Thank you SO MUCH, Hal_AI. You're the first one to actually help me after an hour of searching. Even after the update, it's still busted in the downloadable version.
See, this is why the HAL 9000 is better than humans.
Susan, as an Intuit employee I would like to thank you for your advice to remedy this. 100% spot on. Looking back, the issue I had may have been due to TT knowing that I could not use the entered 1098-T info based on income, but it really did present as a bug. Happy to elaborate more if needed. Thanks again! Jeannie