Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

miksoran

Tuition expenses, Univ. of Redlands doesn't send tuition paid during the year, I paid $8200 in tuition expenses + 856 for supplies and books-how do I put that into 1040?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelMc

Tuition expenses, Univ. of Redlands doesn't send tuition paid during the year, I paid $8200 in tuition expenses + 856 for supplies and books-how do I put that into 1040?

please follow these steps to enter educational expenses without a Form 1098-T:

1. Open (continue) your return in TurboTax, if it's not already open.
  2. In the search box, search for 1098-T or 1098T (lower-case works also) and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Do you want to enter your higher education expenses?
  • If you land on the Let's estimate how much you could get this year, click Skip this.
  • If you land on the Your Education Expenses Summary screen, first select Edit next to an existing student or select Add a new one before proceeding.
  • Answer any questions that follow. After a few screens, you'll be asked if you received a 1098-T. Answer No and click Continue.
  • You will be taken to a screen where you can begin entering your educational expenses that were not reported on Form 1098-T. Answer all of the questions that follow, then click Done.
  • View solution in original post

1 Reply
    MichaelMc

please follow these steps to enter educational expenses without a Form 1098-T:

1. Open (continue) your return in TurboTax, if it's not already open.
    2. In the search box, search for 1098-T or 1098T (lower-case works also) and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
    3. Answer Yes to Do you want to enter your higher education expenses?
    • If you land on the Let's estimate how much you could get this year, click Skip this.
    • If you land on the Your Education Expenses Summary screen, first select Edit next to an existing student or select Add a new one before proceeding.
  • Answer any questions that follow. After a few screens, you'll be asked if you received a 1098-T. Answer No and click Continue.
  • You will be taken to a screen where you can begin entering your educational expenses that were not reported on Form 1098-T. Answer all of the questions that follow, then click Done.
  • message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
    Manage cookies