dpaszek

Son attended a Private HS in 2018, under level of school attended, I selected Attended High School. I am not getting any Credits, should I states not attended Higher ED

Son attended a Private HS in 2018, under level of school attended, I selected Attended High School. I am not getting any Credits or Deductions, should I states not attended Higher education.

should any of these apply:

American Opportunity Credit

LifeTime Learning Credit

Tuition and Fees Deduction

The questions about "higher education" refer to education beyond high school.  You do not get education credits for education for K-12.  

Education expenses for grades K-12 are not deductible on your Federal return, whether for private, public, or home schooling, nor are the expenses for tutoring, after school lessons or after school activities, such as dance lessons, sports, etc.  Some states allow deductions/credits for K-12 education and/or home schooling expenses; if your state has these deductions available, you will be prompted to enter them when you prepare your state return.  (As far as I know, the states that offer any sort of K-12 deductions/credits are Illinois, Indiana, Iowa,Louisiana, Minnesota, and Wisconsin)