mag15

Should I enter my 1098-T information for scholarships and expenses if my parents already included that info in their 2016 return?

I am claimed as a dependent on their return.  I'm a full time college student.

ChristinaS

You would need to go through the motions of entering this information if you have a taxable scholarship (i.e. the scholarship is more than your qualified education expenses).

While a tax credit couldn't go on your tax return, any taxable scholarship income could only go on your tax return. When your parents entered the 1098-T and related information, they would be told if there was a taxable scholarship for your tax return.

If the scholarship is just a fraction of the expenses, then no, there's no point to entering this info.

ChristinaS