jkristasingleton

RV interest without 1098

I have an RV loan.  The interest is tax deductible as a second home, but I do not receive a 1098 from the bank.  Turbo tax online premier does not give me the option of entering interest without a 1098 unless the RV is seller financed (it isn't).   Can someone help me figure out where to put this interest?  Thanks

RichardG

RV interest without 1098

Please fill in as much information as you can on the 1098 screen.  Your bank should be able to provide you will all necessary information.

jkristasingleton

RV interest without 1098

I do know how much interest I paid, but I didn't get a 1098 and they do not send 1098s out on RV loans.    So when turbotax asks to me to enter the amount from box 1 of the nonexistent 1098, do I just enter the interest paid there?
RichardG

RV interest without 1098

Yes.
jkristasingleton

RV interest without 1098

Should I check the box that states "this information is different than what's on our 1098"?
RichardG

RV interest without 1098

No, that's not necessary.  If you haven't paid for TurboTax Online yet, you may want to consider switching to the Desktop version of the software.  That version does a better job of handling your situation.
DLMCPA

RV interest without 1098

thanks!