loringmom5

Past Year in Iowa, were able to claim expenses related to high school sponsored sports. Not finding this in option.

Been able to deduct required shoes, etc., that were school sponsored events.  Musical reeds for instruments, etc.  Required uniforms had to purchase.

maglib

Iowa offers a tax credit called the “tuition and textbook credit” for expenses relating to dependents who are in grades K-12.

The credit is 25% of the first $1,000 of expenses per dependent. The list of qualifying expenses is surprisingly long and taxpayer-friendly. It includes typical expenses such as tuition, but also includes things such as activity tickets and even tickets to prom (but not prom dresses or tuxedos).

I don't have access to Iowa return processing but possibly put in the search box "tuition and textbook credit" or see other credits section..  That is the name of the credit and I don't see that it was revoked.

Do note the religius school education can also fall within the guidelines to the extent as long as the taxpayer can separate out the portion of tuition that is for general education vs. the portion that goes towards teaching religious doctrines.

**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post

maglib