My wife has a degree from another country, can I still use the 1098-T she has for going to school in the USA in our tax return for 2018 under American Opportunity?

My Wife has her bachelor degree form another country in 2010.  She is now going to school again and working on an Associate degree in the United States.  I want to know even though she has a bachelor degree from another country can she still apply for the American Opportunity tax credit for going to school in the United States?

sorry ... she can only use the Lifetime Learning Credit. 

Hello,
I have read two types of responses on Turbotax community. Can you please review following link. Is that no true anymore?

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3868231-my-wife-has-a-degree-from-another-country-can-i-still-use-...>

If the US college does not recognize her 4 year degree (so they consider her a pre-graduate student), yes, she can potentially claim the American Opportunity Credit (assuming all other requirements are met).