ne10061982

If my taxes were offset due to student loans would it have told me when i filed? If not how will i know?

TurboTax never knows about offsets to your refund for debts you owed.

NOTE: You can contact the IRS Treasury Offset Program Call Center at 1-800-304-3107 to ask if they have an offset for you on file. TurboTax would not have that information.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/tax-payments/who-can-garnish-an-income-tax-refund/L7cPPzDyc

KathrynG3

No. TurboTax cannot garnish your refund. The article Who Can Garnish an Income Tax Refund? explains who could garnish the refund.

For more resources:

IRS Topic No. 203 explains why a refund could be reduced.

The Treasury Offset Program and Debt Management Services handle student loan offsets. For Federal Student Loan matters, Debt Management Services can be reached at 1-800-621-3115 Monday-Friday 8 am - 10 pm EST, Saturday 8 am - 7 pm EST

[Edited 1/31/2020 | 7:36 am PST]

@KathrynG3 User asked if Turbotax will know about offsets for delinquent student loan payments. 

KathrynG3