lkober11

If I paid out of pocket for tuition, but it was not on my 1098-T form, can I add it into payments received?

Hal_Al

Yes. You claim the tuition credit, based on your own financial records, not the 1098-T. In the 1098-T screen, click on the link "What if this is not what I paid the school" underneath box 2. You will then be able to enter the actual amounts paid. 

Hal_Al

lkober11

Thank you for your time! And I definitely have the receipts to reflect that on the transaction activity tab on the school's website for this last tax year. The school may not count it, but it certainly was a big deal to me!