gbroderick98

I was a research assistant for college last summer in Gamboa Panama. I spent $2000 on required shots to live work in the rain forest. Can I claim this medical expense?

MinhT

These expenses are job-related expenses.

Up to tax year 2017, job-related expenses were deductible as an itemized deduction subject to the 2% of AGI floor.

Under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, the itemized deductions for job-related expenses subject to the 2% of AGI floor are suspended for expenses incurred after December 31, 2017 through 2025.

Zbucklyo

You may deduct the cost of the vaccinations as an itemized medical expense on Schedule A.  Only total medical expenses in excess of 7.5% of your AGI count toward your itemized deductions.