If you pay your tuition out of the pocket and the Form 1098-T does not reflect the corrected amount, you can adjust the information in box 2 on the Form 1098-T screen in TurboTax online program.
Here are the steps:
1. After sign into your account and select Take me to my return
2. At the right upper corner, in the search box , type in 1098t and Enter
3. Select Jump to form 1098T
4. On screen, "Do you want to enter your higher education expenses?" answer Yes.
5. Go through the step-by-step interview questions
6. On screen, "Did you get a 1098-T from school for 2016?" answer Yes
7. Next screen, "Type in the info from your 1098-T"
8. Under Box 2- Amounts billed for tuition and related expenses
9 Click on " What if this is not what I paid to this school ?" and enter the corrected amount.
See attached screenshots.
Your foreign school has to be a qualified educational institution for you to claim educational benefit, to verify, check https://ifap.ed.gov/ifap/fedSchoolCodeList.jsp Under Federal School Code List, select 2017-2018 Federal School Code List in Excel Format