Solved: I’m taking a course for cna. Will I get refunded

I’m taking a course for cna. Will I get refunded

The class is two weeks, and costs 700 dollars. Not counting mileage and doctor visits for it. Will I get refunded?

You may be able to take a tax deduction for education expenses in one of two ways.  Either way, the effect of the deduction may be limited or even zero, depending on your other tax situations.

You can use the Lifetime Learning credit if this is "higher education" and the school and program are accredited by the US Dept of Education to participate in Federal student aid programs and loans.

Or, you can deduct the cost as a work-related expense, but only if it is to improve or maintain your qualifications in your current job.  If you are an independent contractor, you would deduct the expense on schedule C.  If you are a W-2 employee, you would deduct the expense on form 2106, which is an itemized deduction subject to the 2% rule.

If you are taking the course to qualify for a new job or change careers, you can't deduct the cost as a work-related expense.

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**

Is this work related education required by your employer?

no, it will not get refunded.   you may qualify for some type of educational credit for the tuition, depending on the answer to DoninGA's question above.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Most CNA courses are much longer than 2 weeks, so be sure this is a legit program.

It is definitely a legit program

It’s something I want to complete to have better job opportunities

See answer from Opus 17 below...