Assuming you are filing a 1040NR (you may wish to try our partner Sprintax, as they specialize in nonresident returns). If you are a nonresident you cannot file your return in TurboTax.
You may be able to claim your younger brother if:
- You are a US national, resident of Canada, Mexico and South Korea and resident of India who were student or business apprentices. You must be in this group to have a dependent on line 7 of the 1040NR.
- An individual claimed as a dependent must be a citizen, national or resident of the US or a resident or Mexico.
- He lived with you all year as a member of your household
- He had less than $4,200 in income in 2019
- You provided over half of his support,
Please see page 15 of the Instructions to 1040NR. 2018 Instructions for Form 1040NR
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Still have questions?Make a post