darknezfalz

I currently attend ECPI University in South Carolina and have been a full time student the entire year. Does qualify for the Tuition Tax Credit?

ECPI University is an accredited 4 year university however, is not just in one state and has multiple campuses spread across the east coast.
AnnetteB6

No, ECPI University is not one of the eligible institutions for the SC Tuition Tax Credit.  

There is a specific list of eligible institutions shown in the instructions for the I-319 form that is filed to claim the credit.  Here is a link to those instructions for your reference.  The list of eligible institutions is on page 3 of the PDF document.

SC I-319 2020 Instructions

Also, claiming the SC Tuition Tax Credit only affects your SC state return.  The fact that ECPI University is not eligible for the SC Tuition Tax Credit does not mean that you cannot claim one of the education tax benefits on your Federal return.  ECPI University is an eligible education institution for those credits.

[edited 2/22/2021 | 10:00 am PST]

Hal_Al

ECPI is an eligible institution for the federal credits according to this source https://fafsa.ed.gov/FAFSA/app/schoolSearch?locale=en_EN

AnnetteB6

Please see additional information in my edited answer above.

@darknezfalz