turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I currently attend ECPI University in South Carolina and have been a full time student the entire year. Does qualify for the Tuition Tax Credit?

ECPI University is an accredited 4 year university however, is not just in one state and has multiple campuses spread across the east coast.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

I currently attend ECPI University in South Carolina and have been a full time student the entire year. Does qualify for the Tuition Tax Credit?

No, ECPI University is not one of the eligible institutions for the SC Tuition Tax Credit.  

There is a specific list of eligible institutions shown in the instructions for the I-319 form that is filed to claim the credit.  Here is a link to those instructions for your reference.  The list of eligible institutions is on page 3 of the PDF document.

SC I-319 2020 Instructions

Also, claiming the SC Tuition Tax Credit only affects your SC state return.  The fact that ECPI University is not eligible for the SC Tuition Tax Credit does not mean that you cannot claim one of the education tax benefits on your Federal return.  ECPI University is an eligible education institution for those credits.

[edited 2/22/2021 | 10:00 am PST]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Hal_Al
Level 15

ECPI is an eligible institution for the federal credits according to this source https://fafsa.ed.gov/FAFSA/app/schoolSearch?locale=en_EN

AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

Please see additional information in my edited answer above.

@darknezfalz

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies