turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I can't find where to enter my Indiana 529 plan contributions. The Education section only lists Private School/Homeschool Deduction as a choice.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I can't find where to enter my Indiana 529 plan contributions. The Education section only lists Private School/Homeschool Deduction as a choice.

• If you have already entered your state, click Edit next to it and Continue
  • Then click Edit/Start next to Credits and Taxes
  • On the next page, click Start/Revisit next to Indiana CollegeChoice 529 plan and answer Yes to Do you have a CollegeChoice 529 Plan? and Yes if you had any contributions. 
  • You should then see CollegeChoice 529 Contributions page to enter your account number, checkbox there if you are not the account owner, and put in the contribution amount. If you need to add more than one account, click Add Another Account on the next page. 
Anixa

I’m having the same issue now.. can’t find where to add this information for 2019 for Indiana. Anyone had any luck? Help please!!!!

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

Please see the answer just above your question for step by step details. 

The input section for the Indiana 529 plan contributions is on the 'Take a look at Indiana credits and taxes' page. 

Scroll down to the Education section and click Start or Update beside Indiana CollegeChoice 529 Plan to enter your information.

@Anixa

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies