mclara1997

Hi so I received a Tuition Statment from my school and I was wondering when do I input them? I’m currently doing my W-2’s.

DavidD66

If you indicated in the personal info section that you had Educational Expenses, then the program will prompt you to enter your 1098-T.  If you did not indicate that you had educational expenses, then you can enter them as follows:

• Click on Search
  • Type in "Education Expenses"
  • Click on "Jump to education expenses"
  • Answer "Yes" to "Do you want to enter your higher education expenses?"
  • The program will guide you through adding your education expenses/entering your 1098-T
Hal_Al

The 1098-T is only any informational document. The numbers on it are not required to be entered onto your tax return. However receipt of a 1098-T frequently means you are either eligible for a tuition credit or deduction or possibly your student has taxable scholarship income.