dchawla786

Hey, can I get American opportunity credit if I had no income in 2019. I got two years of AOTC but then got removed from the canpus job later on. Additionally, I am an international student.

No you cannot get the AOC if you had no earned income.   If you are a non-resident alien you are ineligible.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3262983-who-is-eligible-to-take-the-american-opportunity-tax-credi...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/credits-and-deductions/help/who-is-eligible-to-take-the-american-o...

Carl

Hey, can I get American opportunity credit if I had no income in 2019.

No. In order to get any credits, you *must* have earned income. You have none for 2019.

I got two years of AOTC but then got removed from the canpus job later on.

As an international student you are a non-resident alien. You do NOT qualify for any credits for any tax year. Additionally, you can not use any version of TurboTax to file a non-resident tax return. So if you filed a 1040 in "any" tax year as a student, you messed up. As a non-resident alien you are required to file the 1040-NR. So if you did not file that in prior years, you need to seek professional help yesterday if not sooner and get this fixed as fast as possible. The longer you wait, the more you will pay in back-taxes, fines and penalties.