turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The school tax credit is $400 for married I think. But is there a bigger maximum on contributions that I can use?

I read somewhere (I know you've heard that before) that there is a bigger contribution deduction that you can deduct?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

The school tax credit is $400 for married I think. But is there a bigger maximum on contributions that I can use?

Which state?

Federal education tax credits are very different, so we think you are talking about a state tax issue.  There are so many difference we can't help without more info.

Here is the availability charts for the states >  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908857-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-state-except-busines...>

Arizona

Thank you & Merry Christmas!

AZ has three big tax credits. Approximate amounts (MFJ): $400 for Public schools (Form 322), $800 for specified AZ charities (Form 321), and $1,070 for Private K-12 schools (Form 323). All also count as Deductions on your federal return, so you can actually make money by donating if you itemize. Details at AZDOR.gov: https://www.azdor.gov/Forms/Credits.aspx  ...
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies