famous460

For the last 2 years my taxes have been taken for student loans but I’m paying them now will I get my taxes this year?

MichaelDC

The IRS provides a toll-free number which you can call, go through the automated prompts, and see if you have any offsets pending on your social.  Their number is (800)304-3107. It may take a while to get back into good standing. It might not happen this tax season. And be sure you continue to keep up your payments going forward.

You can rehabilitate your loans with your current lender. If you and your lender can agree on a reasonable and affordable payment plan, you can start to make payments under this rehabilitation to get your loans back into good standing. Typically a rehab will take nine months, and any late payments will restart your recovery period. After the rehabilitation is completed, you will likely be back to having to make larger payments on your student loans, but you will no longer be in default or be under threat of a tax offset or wage garnishment.

MichaelDC