Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member


I opened and Education Savings account for my Grandchildren - can the amount be used to reduced income and where do I enter it on Trubo Tax

2 Replies
Expert Alumni


No, contributions to an Education Savings Account are not deductible on the federal tax return. The amounts grow tax free, but that is the only federal tax benefit.


Some states have credits or deductions for these plans, so watch for that when you do your state return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Level 15


 For a list of states, that allow a deduction, see:


Some will only allow the parents a deduction. 

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings