Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

josecarr1

Enlisted in 2023 and I don't know if the section where it asks me where I've been stationed bmt+techschool counts, my tech school was 20+ weeks if that makes a difference

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Hal_Al
Level 15

Enlisted in 2023 and I don't know if the section where it asks me where I've been stationed bmt+techschool counts, my tech school was 20+ weeks if that makes a difference

You are not asked that question in TurboTax.  In the personal info section you are asked for your state of residence. Then you are asked if you lived in any other states.  Do not enter states where you took basic or advanced training. In fact, military members answer no to the lived in another state question and only show their residence state (SLR/HOR).

Where the relevant question comes up, is  on the parent's tax return, if they are claiming you as  a dependent.  And, again it does not ask where you took training.  It asks how long you lived with the parent. The parent should count the time you were at training, as living with them, because it is considered only a temporary absence from their home. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies