Does being a student for 3 months in college help increase the refund? I spent more than a thousand dollars for school stuff.

I added student loan information while filing as well. Also, I already submitted my tax return. So, if that helps, I'd like to know how much and what I can do to amend it.

NOpe. If you were not "at least" a half time college student for "at least" 5 months in the tax year, then you have no qualified education expenses to claim. Understand what the IRS counts as a month too. As an example, if you were in your forth academic year of college and graduated on may 1st, then you get credit for 5 months, even though you were only "in college" for 1 day in may - the day you graduated.