Solved: Can I get an education tax credit for a graduation fee payed during a semester in which I did not take any classes?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get an education tax credit for a graduation fee payed during a semester in which I did not take any classes?

I completed my Masters degree coursework in December 2016, and was not enrolled in any classes in 2017. However, due to several circumstances, I opted not to complete my comprehensive final and graduate until May 2017. Can I claim a credit for the graduation fee which I payed in 2017?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Intuit Alumni

Can I get an education tax credit for a graduation fee payed during a semester in which I did not take any classes?

No. Unfortunately, you can only claim the education credits if you were enrolled during the tax year in which you paid.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Intuit Alumni

No. Unfortunately, you can only claim the education credits if you were enrolled during the tax year in which you paid.  

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings