Contributions to a qualified college savings plan are not deductible on your federal return, but may be deductible on your state return. If your state allows a deduction, you will see the entry point as you work through the state return.
You can find more details here Information on 529 Plans
- Log into your return and click orange Take me to my return button
- Click on State Taxes and then Your State Returns right below that
- If you have already entered your state, click Edit next to it and Continue
- Then click Update/Start next to Adjustments to federal income under the Changes to Federal Income section.
- On the next page, click Update/Start next to New York 529 college savings account activity and it will allow you to enter your contribution there
Still have questions?Make a post