boypuhi

AOTC, Four Years of College Credit.

I'm super confused about this question. 

Had ___ earned four years of college credit before 2017? 

This usually means ___ had a bachelor's degree before 2017. Don't count college credit earned from a proficiency exam. 

I graduated from HS in 2007, went to community college from 2008-2012 earned two AA's. Than, from 2012-2015, I was in the ME program, didn't complete it, switched to History and got my bachelor's degree on May 2017. 

But I've never accepted or received any type of AOTC credit. In fact, since this is the first time doing my own taxes, it is the first time hearing about such things. 

So do i qualify? 

Jimesa

AOTC, Four Years of College Credit.

Since you did not earn your degree before 2017 you can answer "no" to the question of had you earned four years of college credit before 2017 and claim the AOTC credit. You qualify! Please see the below for more information on the Education Credits.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/college-and-education/what-is-the-american-opportunity-tax-cred...

Jimesa

AOTC, Four Years of College Credit.

boypuhi

AOTC, Four Years of College Credit.

Awesome, thank you so much.
maglib

AOTC, Four Years of College Credit.

If your parents though may have claimed it,so you should speak to them.
**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post