turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BrunMar

I have two businesses, do I get two subscriptions to QB Self Employed?

My wife has a nail business and I have a internet business.  how can both business take advantage to the QB Self Employed offer?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
RodrigoS

Yes.

With 2 subscriptions to QuickBooks Self-Employed you'll be able to separately track expenses, miles, etc. for each business. 

Currently, you cannot track two businesses at the same time within one account of QuickBooks Self-Employed.

Other replies have said i can use the same login information, and just toggle between the 2 businesses, however, i cannot figure out how to enter the other business...any ideas? 

Carl
Level 15

The below applies to ***TURBOTAX*** only. It DOES NOT APPLY to Quickbooks.

If the business is a sole proprietorship or single member LLC with only one owner, all business income and all business expenses are reported on SCH C as a physical part of your personal 1040 tax return.

The TurboTax program can handle up to 5 single owner businesses with each business reported on it's own SCH C as a physical part of your personal 1040 tax return. it does not matter if you are filing a joint return either.

The below applies to Quickbooks, and has "NOTHING" what-so-ever to do with TurboTax or your taxes.

If you are using the online version of Quickbooks to track business income and expenses, then you will need to $PAY$ for a subscription for each individual business.

If you purchase the CD version of QUickbooks and physically install it on your MAC or Windows computers, then you can use that version for as many individual businesses as you like without having to pay a separate fee for each business.  HOWEVER:

Using the Cd version of Quickbooks, you can not import your Quickbooks data into the online version of TurboTax. But you *can* import it into the CD version of TurboTax.

Likewise, if you use the online version of Quickbooks, you can not import it into the CD version of TurboTax. But you can import it into the online version - but you can only import "ONE" Quickbooks subscription account. You'll have to enter data for the other account by hand, one keystroke at a time.

@donnahaverlock wrote:

Other replies have said i can use the same login information, and just toggle between the 2 businesses, however, i cannot figure out how to enter the other business...any ideas? 

Are you sure that is for the online version?

I know you can set up many businesses using the CD/downloaded version for your computer.  But I thought the online version was only one business.

@donnahaverlock wrote:

If using Turbotax Online to prepare your taxes, you have one tax return and one account.  Your tax return can have more than one schedule C if you have more than one business.

The original question was for Quickbooks Self-Employed online version.  QBSE Online can only do accounts for one business.  If you had two businesses, you would need two QBSE online accounts, or buy the full version of Quickbooks which is not limited to one business. 

Is that true for all versions of QB Online or just Quick Books Self Employed?

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

Each login to Quickbooks Online will only access 1 business.

@cgtripp

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@AliciaP1 AliciaP1 - thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies