turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fruiti002

Where do i enter my sales for my business? I see is 1099 questions that don't apply to me.

Should I use self employed if I work at a job and run a business?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Where do i enter my sales for my business? I see is 1099 questions that don't apply to me.

Yes, even though you work at a job, you will need TurboTax Self Employed to report the sales for your business.

You will report the income under your business, but not as income reported on Form 1099-MISC. 

Go to your Self-Employment Income and Expenses. If you haven’t started this scroll to Self-Employment under Federal Taxes, Wages and Income.   Click “Show More” next to Self- Employment, then click Start next to Income and Expenses.  (Or you can type "Schedule C" in the search box in the upper right corner, click on the magnifying glass icon and then click on the Jump to link.)

When you get to “Let’s get income for (name of business) click on the line for “Additional Income”.  Turbo Tax will ask for a description and an amount.  Then you can go on and enter any other income and expenses.

Please click here for additional information regarding your self-employment income.   

Continue reading for further information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4801198

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies