Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Which edition do I need if I have a LLC that is single member but an S corp

do i need to use two different turbo tax to do a single member LLC S corp and home taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RichardG

Yes.  You'll need to prepare Form 1120S using TurboTax Business for the LLC.  That program will also prepare a Form K-1 for you, and you'll use that form to report your business income and deductions on your personal tax return. 

Keep in mind that the deadline for filing your business tax return is 15th day of the 3rd month after the end of the corporation's tax year.  (March 15 for most small corporations).  Provide each shareholder with a copy of their Schedule K-1 (Form 1120S) by the 15th day of the 3rd month after the end of the corporation's tax year. Form 7004 is used to request an automatic 6-month extension of time to file Form 1120S.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RichardG

Yes.  You'll need to prepare Form 1120S using TurboTax Business for the LLC.  That program will also prepare a Form K-1 for you, and you'll use that form to report your business income and deductions on your personal tax return. 

Keep in mind that the deadline for filing your business tax return is 15th day of the 3rd month after the end of the corporation's tax year.  (March 15 for most small corporations).  Provide each shareholder with a copy of their Schedule K-1 (Form 1120S) by the 15th day of the 3rd month after the end of the corporation's tax year. Form 7004 is used to request an automatic 6-month extension of time to file Form 1120S.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

Thank you!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies