turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jade6820

Where is schedule 5 found

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieCo

Schedule 5 is a new form this year.  It is automatically created for certain situations related to one's tax return if estimated tax payments were made OR if there are refundable credits such as the premium tax credit, excess social security withheld, or credit for federal tax on fuels. 

If you need to edit something on your return related to Schedule 5, you will need to go back to the section that it relates to such as:  estimated tax payments or 1095-A (premium tax credit).  You can type either of those in the search field and select the Jump To option to be brought to those sections of TurboTax.

Schedule 5 is new because the 1040 form was revised in 2018.  The 1040 form is now a shorter and much of the additional information that would be reported on it has been moved to six different schedules (Schedules 1 to 6)   Also, note that the 1040A and 1040EZ forms no longer exist.

Here is a sample of Schedule 5:  Schedule 5

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JulieCo

Schedule 5 is a new form this year.  It is automatically created for certain situations related to one's tax return if estimated tax payments were made OR if there are refundable credits such as the premium tax credit, excess social security withheld, or credit for federal tax on fuels. 

If you need to edit something on your return related to Schedule 5, you will need to go back to the section that it relates to such as:  estimated tax payments or 1095-A (premium tax credit).  You can type either of those in the search field and select the Jump To option to be brought to those sections of TurboTax.

Schedule 5 is new because the 1040 form was revised in 2018.  The 1040 form is now a shorter and much of the additional information that would be reported on it has been moved to six different schedules (Schedules 1 to 6)   Also, note that the 1040A and 1040EZ forms no longer exist.

Here is a sample of Schedule 5:  Schedule 5

ekbmail

I had estimated payments in 2018 and used TurboTax Premier and it did NOT automatically create a Schedule 5, instead it incorrectly lumped the payments into Line 16 of the 1040, which is wrong b/c that line is for amounts shown on W-2 or 1099.  I couldn't get the system to generate a Schedule 5 so I think it's a glitch.  For what it's worth I used same software last year and manually entered these amounts and they showed up on Line 65 of my 1040 - correctly - so the amount should have shown on a Schedule 5 this year.
demde

Same thing happened to me and Turbotax didn't catch it.  IRS sent me a refund check that I'm not entitled to and am now on hold with them.  Probably will have to file an amended return with new payments, hopefully no late fees or penalties.

You can deposit the check but don't spend it.  They will eventually see that line 16 for withholding is too much and ask for it back.

Turbo Tax only knows what you entered.  It doesn't know if you entered something in the wrong place.  Did you enter them as Other Taxes Paid or directly under Estimates?  See the last 3 screen shots on this answer
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4689718-no-payments-show-on-line-66">https://ttlc.intuit.com/quest...>
finjff12
Returning Member

Same thing for me.  How did you get this issue resolved:?

I had estimated payments in 2018 and used TurboTax Premier and it did NOT automatically create a Schedule 5, instead it incorrectly lumped the payments into Line 16 of the 1040, which is wrong b/c that line is for amounts shown on W-2 or 1099.  I couldn't get the system to generate a Schedule 5 so I think it's a glitch.  For what it's worth I used same software last year and manually entered these amounts and they showed up on Line 65 of my 1040 - correctly - so the amount should have shown on a Schedule 5 this year.

I got the same error, no schedule 5 created for my extension payment, looks like a serious bug from TurboTax, any suggestion on how to resolve this? 

Thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies