turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where is my $600 stimulus money?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

The stimulus payment will go to the account you entered for direct deposit on the 2019 tax return.  The direct deposit information cannot be changed.  If the account is closed the IRS will send the payment by mail or on a debit card.

Go to this IRS website for stimulus information - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/treasury-and-irs-begin-delivering-second-round-of-economic-impact-payme...

Go to this IRS website to check the status of your payment - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

If you do not receive the second stimulus payment on or before January 15, 2021 and/or you did not receive the first stimulus payment in 2020 and you are eligible it will be entered on your federal tax return, Form 1040 on Line 30.

The Form 1040 has not been finalized and needs to updated to include the 2nd Economic Impact Payment.

Really? It's being reported on all social media that the IRS sent $600 payments to Turbo and HR block, to the account numbers that were used to secure our refund payment amounts. 

Can you comment on that?

@debskain wrote:

Really? It's being reported on all social media that the IRS sent $600 payments to Turbo and HR block, to the account numbers that were used to secure our refund payment amounts. 

Can you comment on that?

If you requested to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from your federal tax refund, the IRS will send the refund to a third party processor to have the fees and the service charge deducted. The third party processor will deduct the TurboTax fees plus the service charge and then attempt to direct deposit the remaining refund balance into the account that you entered on your tax return.

See this Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (third party processor) website for stimulus information - https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

Is this a joke?!? Do you mean the fees I already paid when I filed my taxes in 2019?!? Because what "fees" would be deducted this year since I have not yet filed? How dare the IRS send MY tax money, MY refund to an online accounting firm! Outrageous!!!

Please tell me you are mistaken.

Please explain what possible fees there would be?

Please tell me why I received first stimulus without a hitch to my bank DD that was and still is on file!?!??

@debskain wrote:

Is this a joke?!? Do you mean the fees I already paid when I filed my taxes in 2019?!? Because what "fees" would be deducted this year since I have not yet filed? How dare the IRS send MY tax money, MY refund to an online accounting firm! Outrageous!!!

Please tell me you are mistaken.

Please explain what possible fees there would be?

Please tell me why I received first stimulus without a hitch to my bank DD that was and still is on file!?!??

If you requested to have your TurboTax account fees paid from the federal tax refund, the IRS sends the federal tax refund to the third party processor.  The IRS then will only have the routing and account number for the third party processer in the IRS systems for your direct deposit information.

There are no fees associated with the stimulus payment, sorry for any confusion.

If you did not request to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from the federal tax refund, then the IRS will only have the DD information that you entered on your federal tax return for direct deposit of the federal tax refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies