sbennett8

Where do I enter interest I paid on a loan used to fund a LLC investment?

Interest paid on a loan used to fund an investment should offset income from that investment. If interest paid in 2018 is greater than the investment income in 2018, it should carry forward.

LudwigVan_fan

Interest paid on loans to acquire investment income assets, are limited to the income from investment income.  The end up being an itemized deduction.  Thus in TT, you would look at investment income; investment expenses and interest expense.

The following link might answer some of your questions

https://www.irs.gov/site-index-search?search=investment+interest+expense&field_pup_historical_1=1&fi...

**Disclaimer: Effort has been made to offer correct information; but due to the discussion forum limitations, the poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the poster's response**