Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I add my second LLC info in TurboTax self-employed?

I've used TurboTax self employed for a few years and last year I filed for two LLC (one mine, one my wife's, we file jointly) and I am unable to add the second LLC info. I double checked last year's return, and there were two schedule C forms.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My solution: I can't do what I need with using the import from QB self employed, which only allows one business. I knew that part, but had a work-around with categories to keep things separate. Apparently with transferring info from QB SE, TurboTax will not allow adding a second business. I had to enter everything manually.

This means I had to pay $119 to use TurboTax, even though I've been paying an extra $10/month for the QB SE/TT bundle. I have now downgraded my subscription to remove the bundle.

This is all just based on making some assumptions from experiences. Never found any info in help to confirm.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Click the box for "+Add another line of work" at the bottom of the Self-Employment work summary page to start a new Schedule C.

The easiest way to find Schedule C in TurboTax Online is to open your return and click the magnifying glass at the top right side of the TurboTax header. Enter "schedule c", hit Enter, then click on "jump to schedule c".

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks. That's what I expected, but I have looped through Self-employment about 12 times (before posted), and still haven't found +Add another line of work. When I search and then jump to schedule c it dumps me back at the start of the schedule C I've already completed. I've looked for some sort of upgrade for business or something like that, but no problem last year filing 2 LLCs on a joint return on my TT Self-employed subscription. I'm stumped.

GeorgeM777
Expert Alumni

A useful remedy to many application issues is to clear your browser's cache and delete cookies.   A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning properly.  If that doesn't work, try a different browser such as Safari or Firefox if you're currently using Chrome and vice versa. 

@ray127 

I was hoping those approaches would help, @GeorgeM777 and @PatriciaV  but no. Thanks for the thoughts.

Maybe I can't get to the +Add option because I'm stuck in "Needs Review" on the first LLC. I've clicked through everything again and again looking for something I've missed and can't get past that status.

I clicked on Federal Review, and for the first time got a reference to the second business- 

"Looks like we need more info. Even if you don't do the Vending Services work anymore, we need to update this info" with choices to Update Now or Update Later.

I chose Update Now and it dumps me back into the Schedule C entry page for business #1

Very frustrating.

Just fyi, I decided to just clear the return and start over without the import from QB self-employed. I'm not sure what was going on but not going through the endless loop again.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

That is good the loop has stopped. Please let us know if you need further assistance. @ray127 

My solution: I can't do what I need with using the import from QB self employed, which only allows one business. I knew that part, but had a work-around with categories to keep things separate. Apparently with transferring info from QB SE, TurboTax will not allow adding a second business. I had to enter everything manually.

This means I had to pay $119 to use TurboTax, even though I've been paying an extra $10/month for the QB SE/TT bundle. I have now downgraded my subscription to remove the bundle.

This is all just based on making some assumptions from experiences. Never found any info in help to confirm.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies