turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aoksnow

Where can I get my depreciation schedule? It isn't in the file that printed or the .pdf from last year.

After examining the printed file and the .dpf, there is not schedule itemizing my depreciable assets.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Where can I get my depreciation schedule? It isn't in the file that printed or the .pdf from last year.

To get the depreciation report in TurboTax Online you have to go to the Print Center and select "Include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional)." In the resulting PDF the depreciation report will be near the end of the federal return.

It would be in the current PDF of the prior year return if you download one now.  After the close of the tax season in October the returns are archived and the only PDF file you get is the large one with all the worksheets included.

For the current 2021 return you will have to use the PRINT CENTER inside the program ...

If you have filed your federal tax return and it has been accepted by the IRS -

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2021 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  

print center 2021.jpg

Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

JenLiv

Help. I have none of these options on my turbotax screen. There is no "add a state", "tax tools", "print center" or any of this. 

This question has been answered many times by TT Experts in an unclear, out-of-date, and in some cases misleading way. They either direct users to download their tax return (which doesn't include the relevant schedule) or to navigate to Tax Home and click "Add a state" (this button doesn't exist in the current UI). 

If you have paid for TT in the current tax cycle and have not yet submitted your taxes, then I suspect you might be able to navigate from tax home --> edit your current return --> print center and be done. I'm not sure if TT is trying to confuse users by withholding this info since it's a key step in moving away from TT, but in any other situation (in my case, I don't plan to pay for TT in the current cycle) you need to do some clearly unintended behavior. 

As of March 2024, to find it:

1. Navigate to "Tax Home"

2. Scroll to the bottom and click on "Your tax returns & documents" to expand the options

3. For the year you're interested in, click "Amend (change) XXXX return." XXXX represents the year in question

4. Confirm by clicking "Amend using TurboTax Online"

5. On the next screen, look to the tool bar on the left side of the window. There should be an option for "Tax Tools." Click this to expand options, then click "Print Center"

6. Click "Print, save or preview this year's return"

7. Select the checkbox for Federal return (and any other return you want to save), plus the option to "Include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional)"

Once you save and open the pdf, you should be able to control+find the depreciation table

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies