turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will turbo tax show form 8995, the qualified business income deduction? That is not showing up on my return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

When will turbo tax show form 8995, the qualified business income deduction? That is not showing up on my return

Forms 8995 and 8995-A, the forms used to to calculate the amount of QBID, are not final yet.  TurboTax will update the program after the IRS finalizes their instructions.  After that update you should see the QBID on your tax return and you will be able to file.

For current information on forms availability, please click on this link:  Federal forms availability   [Note:  Forms 8995 and 8995-A might appear at the bottom of the list, not necessarily in numerical order. ]

When will I be able to report Section 179 deduction for form 8995?  I keep getting error message that Section 179 deduction is not yet supported for QBI determination----when will it be supported??

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

The IRS has changed the date for the Form 8995-A until 2/28/20.  Unfortunately, you will not be able to file until they finalize the forms.  I understand how inconvenient this is, but TurboTax will update as soon as we can. 

@ANNE IN MAINE 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Form 8995A, Schedule B does not show up in either the Turbo Tax "available" list of forms, or in the list of "unsupported" forms. It can be filled out in the program, but not efiled, preventing the entire return from being efiled. So, need to know when or if the Schedule B form with ever be available in a manner to allow e-filing.

I just updated my software based on your message and after it tells me my software is up to date, IRS Form 8995 is yet again not updated. I have received at least 3 previous messages over the past 3 months telling me that this form has been updated. I guess that your system automatically kicks a message after a prescribed period of time after a customer requests this update which informs the customer that the software has been updated and customers should, once again,  go update their system. This latest update attempt says that the installed software is up to date but unfortunately IT HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED FOR FORM 8995. What is going on? This is one disappointment after another. I am still waiting to complete my tax return for 2019. Is this going to be the same for the 2020 tax season??????

Received 10/21/20 email from support and  I just tried to update the software based on your message and the update process tells me the software is up to date, IRS Form 8995 is yet again not updated. I have received at least 3 previous messages over the past 3 months telling me that this form has been updated. I guess that your system automatically kicks a message after a prescribed period of time after a customer requests this update which informs the customer that the software has been updated and customers should, once again,  go update their system. This latest update attempt says that the installed software is up to date but unfortunately IT HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED FOR FORM 8995. What is going on? This is one disappointment after another. I am still waiting to complete my tax return for 2019. Is this going to be the same for the 2020 tax season??????

Both those forms have been operational for months ... so you must be having updating issues.

Open TurboTax and select Check for Updates from the Online menu near the top. On a Mac, simply quit and reopen TurboTax. If there are any updates, you'll be prompted to download them.

Tips:

• It's best to use a wired, high-speed connection when updating, both to save time and minimize data corruption.
  • If your connection drops in the middle of the update, try again; it should pick up where it left off.
  • If you're having trouble updating on your PC, try a manual update.

Related Information:

Also to note ... updates for the WIN 10 OS that are uninstalled can stop the program from updating ... check your WIN updates and restart the computer until all of them are installed ... some have said it takes more than 3 reboots at times. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies