turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

claudiabeck8
Returning Member

What do I need to do with this error message? Form 1116 Carryover Stmt (COPY 1): Your calculations could not be completed. Reference code: 9-897-045

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do I need to do with this error message? Form 1116 Carryover Stmt (COPY 1): Your calculations could not be completed. Reference code: 9-897-045

TT doesn't have a form to report carryover by year which is what the IRS wants. so, on line 10 of form 1116 click on the explain icon and by year list the carryover such as follows  2018 - $123

next line 2017 $55.  note that the total doesn't carry into line 10. you must enter the total yourself.   

claudiabeck8
Returning Member

hi all,

not sure if this was meant for me... I am worried that Turbo Tax is not advanced enough to be able to cover Foreign Tax credits.. I was asked to pay for my 2019 Tax return software and currently very disappointed as I cannot finish my tax return. I really would appreciate help.

Warmest

Claudia

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies