turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

freeaxes

Turbotax keeps asking me to provide an estate or trust id number. I don't know why. I do not have a schedule K this year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Turbotax keeps asking me to provide an estate or trust id number. I don't know why. I do not have a schedule K this year.

If the schedule K-1 is no longer applicable for your tax situation, you can remove it. 

Note: Be careful! Once you delete, it is gone for good. You will have to re-enter data if you delete by mistake.

• Select My Account
  • Tools
  • Delete a Form
  • Scroll list to locate the form and delete.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What if you do have a K1 but this info isn't listed on it?

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

To clarify, would you give us more details about the K-1?

The k1 is from my S corp, of which I am the only owner. 

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

What specific information is not listed on Schedule K-1 for your S-Corp? It must have an Employer Identification Number in order to be accepted by the IRS. 

Did you prepare the S-Corp return using TurboTax Business? When you set up your business profile, you should have entered something in the EIN box. If you've applied for an EIN, but you haven't received it yet, enter "Applied for" in the EIN box on the Corporation Information Worksheet. If you haven't yet applied for an EIN leave the field blank and TurboTax will prompt you to complete the application as you continue through Business Profile section.

@orinj 

Turbo Tax was glitching and asking me to give info for an estate which is the next section to work on after you put in info from k1. I must have accidentally clicked it at one point and started it so it kept wanting me to finish it. 

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Are you saying that you may have started a Schedule K-1 for an estate or trust?

If so, delete the Schedule K-1 by selecting the delete trashcan to the right at the Estates and Trusts K-1 Summary.

@orinj 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies