Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

regans71

TurboTax home and business does not guide me through schedule C business deductions. Can you help?

I am using TurboTax Home and business and it is not giving me a step-by-step for the schedule C.  It lets me list the income, but not the expenses.  Please help me.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

TurboTax home and business does not guide me through schedule C business deductions. Can you help?

These steps will get you to business expenses section. 

• Open the return in the software and click the Business tab and then Continue
  • Then click I'll choose what I work on
  • The next screen should look like the one you posted above and here you will click Update next to the Profit or Loss from Business section there under Business Income and Expenses
  • On the next screen, you should see Here's the business info we have so far and you will click Edit there next to your business
  • Then on next screen, scroll down to Business Expenses section, click Visit All and start to enter your expenses there

Another quick way to get there:

• Open software and click Search Topics at the top and type in business expenses, select that in the list and click Ok
  • It takes you to the Here's the business info we have so far screen and you will click Edit there next to your business
  • Then on next screen, scroll down to Business Expenses section, click Visit All and start to enter your expenses there
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies