regans71

TurboTax home and business does not guide me through schedule C business deductions. Can you help?

I am using TurboTax Home and business and it is not giving me a step-by-step for the schedule C.  It lets me list the income, but not the expenses.  Please help me.

These steps will get you to business expenses section. 

• Open the return in the software and click the Business tab and then Continue
  • Then click I'll choose what I work on
  • The next screen should look like the one you posted above and here you will click Update next to the Profit or Loss from Business section there under Business Income and Expenses
  • On the next screen, you should see Here's the business info we have so far and you will click Edit there next to your business
  • Then on next screen, scroll down to Business Expenses section, click Visit All and start to enter your expenses there

Another quick way to get there:

• Open software and click Search Topics at the top and type in business expenses, select that in the list and click Ok
  • It takes you to the Here's the business info we have so far screen and you will click Edit there next to your business
  • Then on next screen, scroll down to Business Expenses section, click Visit All and start to enter your expenses there

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing