Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

whdw41a
Returning Member

I have completed a 1041 for a deceased aunt's trust but it is unclear if I need to file a state trust return for AZ. I live in Texas and I am using a TX address

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have completed a 1041 for a deceased aunt's trust but it is unclear if I need to file a state trust return for AZ. I live in Texas and I am using a TX address

You can find the instructions for AZ at the link below.

https://azdor.gov/forms/fiduciary-forms/arizona-fiduciary-income-tax-return

[note that it certainly appears that you, as the fiduciary who is a TX resident, would not have to file an AZ state return unless the trust had AZ-source income - e.g. income from a rental property located in AZ]

View solution in original post

4 Replies
whdw41a
Returning Member

My Aunt died in AZ and I set up a EIN using my Texas address for income earned after he passing.  She had a revocable Trust with income coming from investments .  When I did the 1041 all of the money earned by the trust after she died until the end of the year was distributed to the beneficiaries so there is no federal income taxes..  Since my filing address is Texas Turbo Tax Business will not let me download the AZ 141.  When I look at on the AZ tax website it is not clear if I need to file it with all the money distributed..  I have done K1s for all the beneficiaries.  Income was just under $15,000 from Dividends and Interest.
whdw41a
Returning Member

There was not income producing property in Arizona only Dividends and Interest from banks and brokerage accounts.

It appears then, per the AZ instructions, that an AZ return is not required.

You can find the instructions for AZ at the link below.

https://azdor.gov/forms/fiduciary-forms/arizona-fiduciary-income-tax-return

[note that it certainly appears that you, as the fiduciary who is a TX resident, would not have to file an AZ state return unless the trust had AZ-source income - e.g. income from a rental property located in AZ]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies