Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmil1313

There are boxes automatically checked on the form that I can't uncheck. What can I do to uncheck a box? I have cleared my cache and cookies.

I am using Microsoft Edge as my browser.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

There are boxes automatically checked on the form that I can't uncheck. What can I do to uncheck a box? I have cleared my cache and cookies.

No one can see your tax return.  What boxes on which form?  Federal or state?

jmil1313

It's the questions Turbo tax asks in order to fill out my Federal form and it is happening in several places. For example when entering my child's information there are 3  automatically checked answer boxes: One  stating that my child died in 2022,  Two--that they are disabled, and the third correctly says "none of the above"  All three answers are checked and I can't uncheck any of them.  

In this case it would be better to clear your tax return and start over.  None of those boxes should be pre-checked.

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over with a lower priced edition. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2022 online tax return. Click on Clear & Start Over.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies