Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The income amounts on the summary in the tax tools and what I entered don’t match?

The total income on the summary under the tax tools doesn’t match what was entered. I entered social security, ira income and dividend income. The difference is about $9,000.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Ashby

The income amounts on the summary in the tax tools and what I entered don’t match?

The program most likely is not listing the portion of your Social Security that is not taxable.

sammacera
Returning Member

I listed income of $70673. Turbo Tax listed my income at $100673, which included $2868 of Social Security as non taxable ($2868) plus Pensions/IRA at $70046 but my listed amount is $40046. Where isTurbo Tax getting their figures. Not from what I entered.

sammacera
Returning Member

I listed income of $70673. Turbo Tax listed my income at $100673, which included $2868 of Social Security as non taxable ($2868) plus Pensions/IRA at $70046 but my listed amount is $40046. Where isTurbo Tax getting their figures. Not from what I entered.

@sammacera wrote:

Are you looking at a summary screen and not your tax return.  The summary screen will show your total income which would include the full amount of the SS benefits.

Look at your tax return.  The taxable amount of the SS benefits is on Line 6b.  Your Total Income is on Line 9.  Your Taxable Income is on Line 15.

Using the online editions -

You can view your Form 1040 at any time using the online editions. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies